Dr. Carolina Posada is a bilingual, licensed neuropsychologist, specializing in the assessment of both English and Spanish-speaking individuals. She has held a number of professional research and clinical positions within university and inpatient/outpatient medical settings, including at the University of California San Diego, Veterans Hospital in San Diego, Harvard University, Massachusetts General Hospital, Brigham and Women’s Hospital, Hartford Hospital/Institute of Living and University of Connecticut.
Throughout pre- and post-doctoral practice, Dr. Posada has routinely conducted outpatient neuropsychological evaluations for individuals with various diagnoses. She also provides inpatient consultation for multiple services, including: Neurology, neurosurgery, internal medicine, cardiology and psychiatry. She routinely trains neurology residents at Hartford Hospital in their neuropsychology rotation.
Dr. Posada is licensed to practice in the state of Connecticut (#003522).
Dr. Posada has extensive experience assessing monolingual English and Spanish speakers, as well as bilingual individuals in the following areas:
- Adolescent and adult neurological disorders
- Attention-deficit disorder
- Brain tumors
- Cognitive disorders affecting older adults
- Decision-making capacity
- Intellectual Disability
- Seizure disorder
- Substance abuse
- Traumatic brain injury
- Doctoral Degree in Clinical Psychology, San Diego State University/University of California San Diego, Joint Doctoral Program, San Diego, CA 2013
- Masters of Science in Clinical Psychology, San Diego State University, San Diego, CA 2011
- Bachelors of Arts in Psychology, Pontificia Universidad Javeriana, Bogota, Colombia 2002
Pre and Post-Doctoral Training:
- Brigham and Women’s Hospital, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA. Harvard-Partners Consortium in Clinical Neuropsychology (2013 – 2015)
- University of California San Diego Medical Center Neuropsychological Assessment Unit, San Diego, CA (2012-2013)
- University of California San Diego, Neuropsychological Assessment Unit, San Diego, CA (2011 – 2012)
- VA San Diego Healthcare System, Neuropsychological Assessment Unit, San Diego, CA (2010-2011)
- VA San Diego Healthcare System, Substance Abuse and Mental Illness Program San Diego, CA (2009-2010)
- San Diego State University, Psychology Clinic, San Diego, CA (2008-2009)