Dr. Martin Oliveira, founder and director of NeuroHealth of Connecticut, is a licensed neuropsychologist, specializing in assessment, intervention and consultation. He has held a number of professional research and clinical positions within university and inpatient/outpatient medical settings, including at the University of Connecticut, University of Chicago and Northwestern University.
Throughout pre- and post-doctoral practice, Dr. Oliveira has routinely conducted neuropsychological evaluations as a part of integral work-ups for surgical interventions involving various implications such as brain tumors and epilepsy. He has provided consultation at multi-disciplinary conferences in conjunction with neurology, neurosurgery, radiology and neuropathology.
Dr. Oliveira is licensed to practice in the states of Connecticut (#002930) and Rhode Island (#PS01624).
Dr. Oliveira has extensive experience in the following areas:
- Adolescent and adult neurological disorders
- Attention-deficit disorder
- Brain tumors
- Cognitive disorders affecting older adults
- Decision-making capacity
- Learning disorders
- Seizure disorder
- Substance abuse
- Traumatic brain injury
- Doctoral Degree in Clinical Psychology, Roosevelt University, Chicago, IL, 2007
- Masters of Arts in Clinical Psychology, University of Hartford, West Hartford, CT, 2002
- Bachelors of Arts in Psychology, University of Hartford, West Hartford, CT, 1998
Pre and Post-Doctoral Training:
- Northwestern Memorial Hospital and Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, Chicago, IL (2007 – 2009)
- University of Chicago, Neuropsychology Section, Department of Psychiatry, Chicago, IL (2006 – 2007)
- University of Chicago, Outpatient Anxiety Clinic, Department of Psychiatry, Chicago, IL (2005 – 2006)
- University of Chicago, Neuropsychology Section, Department of Psychiatry, Chicago, IL (2004 – 2005)
- Saint Francis Care, Behavioral Health, Blue Ridge Program, Hartford, CT (2001- 2002)